Safe cleaners for bearded dragon habitats

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY EVERYONE!!! So I have owned my male Beardie ,Goony,(His original name was Laguna, because we thought he was a girl) for several weeks now and he is EXTREMELY HAPPY. I was just wondering what cleaners are safe to use to get his habitat clean. I have mostly been using a spray bottle of water and some paper towels,but i feel like i am not getting his habitat clean enough. Does anybody know of a safe non-toxic cleaner to use??? Any advice is really appreciated.THANKS!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of people use a F10 diluted solution to sanitize the tank & for general, overall cleaning.
Another good, non toxic one is a diluted vinegar & water solution. It is very safe to use since
it doesn't emit any fumes at all.
The diluted bleach solution is a popular cleaner but, if you do use it care absolutely must be
taken so that there isn't any residual fumes left over by rinsing very thoroughly.
A steamer is extremely helpful in disinfecting & essentially killing everything in the tank.
You have some safer alternatives to a water & bleach solution.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I clean using vinegar & water in a spray bottle to get all solid bits up. Once things are clean I give them a spray with F10 to sanitize. That combination works really well.

KeeperOfTheDragon

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help guys!!!!! I really appreciate it!! I am going to look into the F 10 and see if it would be worth getting some. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom