Dome lamp clamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in stores and online, you can buy dome fixtures that have an attachable clamp. I need the clamp, but have no need for the dome. In my searching, I’ve only ever found clamps that come with the dome. Does anybody know where to buy a clamp by itself? Or have any other suggestions for how to DIY one? My beardie loves sitting by my sliding glass doors, but it gets too cold. I want to mount a lamp above her.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Aberdeen43":2twke1yh said:
So in stores and online, you can buy dome fixtures that have an attachable clamp. I need the clamp, but have no need for the dome. In my searching, I’ve only ever found clamps that come with the dome. Does anybody know where to buy a clamp by itself? Or have any other suggestions for how to DIY one? My beardie loves sitting by my sliding glass doors, but it gets too cold. I want to mount a lamp above her.

Try Ebay .... plenty of people buy the domes with clamp fitting and never use the clamps - which are really hopeless BTW and dangerous and far from a secure way of connecting a reflector dome to a viv's walls or part lid.

IMO a Komodo Lamp Stand http://www.komodoproducts.com/komodo-light-stand.html is perfect for your needs , just use cable or twist ties to create a loop in the cable so the you have something to slip onto the hook.
komodo_stand_with_dome_and_UVB200.png

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Have you checked out the home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc? Might be able to go in there if you have one local and see what they got or might be able to ask them if you can "make one" :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it's more secure to use the adjustable lamp stands. ZooMed makes them too. The clamps don't really do well holding much weight and if you use a bulb that is heavier than a household incandescent they really don't stay put very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom