Suggestions wanted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys! I just finished Odin's new enclosure finally. I'm looking for ideas on lighting/CHE placement, wattage for bulbs. Based off dimensions, it's 80 gallons. I'm using 100 watts right now. What do you guys think? Please excuse the mess! Lol.

22496304_10212593342381801_2329592092288052258_o.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd put a 22'' T5 over the elevated portion and set a PAR38 halogen flood light (start with maybe 70w and see how that does for temps) and go from there. If you can set the flood light to a dimming thermostat or dimmer you can fine tune the output to compensate for temperature changes around the tank once the temps are pretty close using wattage. I'd keep the area under the shelf relatively dark to act as a hide/shade area. Maybe a CHE on the other side that you can turn on if winter nights get cold but if room temp stays above about 70 it isn't needed.

huntress8806

Original Poster
CooperDragon":14hjl63m said:
I'd put a 22'' T5 over the elevated portion and set a PAR38 halogen flood light (start with maybe 70w and see how that does for temps) and go from there. If you can set the flood light to a dimming thermostat or dimmer you can fine tune the output to compensate for temperature changes around the tank once the temps are pretty close using wattage. I'd keep the area under the shelf relatively dark to act as a hide/shade area. Maybe a CHE on the other side that you can turn on if winter nights get cold but if room temp stays above about 70 it isn't needed.

I was thinking about the t5 for this actually. Its so long i don't want him to have to stay on the one end. The shelf is there for that exact reason as a hide. :) Great minds. The CHE is on the right. I guess I just need the t5 and a flood light with a dimmer. Thanks for your suggestions! It's much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom