Lightning help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pereira22

Hello, in my country the sell of the best UVB lights like the reptisun 10.0 and the arcadia 12% is pretty limited. So my question is if the trixie reptiland desert pro 12.0 UVB, T8 18W is good enough for bearded dragons and if possible could you tell me some other good UVB lights besides the arcadia and the reptisun? Thanks. :) :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have any test results from that but if it's similar to other T8 bulbs if you can put it in a fixture with a reflector it should be OK 6-8'' above the basking area. Which other options do you have available to you? Are you able to get T5 bulbs?

pereira22

Original Poster
I do not see T5 just T8 like the one I wrote and what's more is just compact bulbs of exoterra and tubes from trixie. I could go with the exoterra compact bulbs like the uvb150 or uvb200 with a reflector but i really wanted to know if the Trixie desert pro 12.0 18W, T8 is better because it's an tube which is more effective than a compact bulb.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that brand but I like the tubes because they provide a wide beam of UVB so it's easier for a dragon to bask under completely. In terms of output the T8 is similar to the UVB150 26w. With a reflector or dome fixture it should be about 6-8'' above the basking area. I believe the UVB200 can sit a bit further away and still be effective but not by a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom