40 Gallon breeder or more basking platform/ramps help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzle

I am having the hardest time finding basking spot platform/ramps that are large enough to get close enough to my basking light.

I currently have a 40 gallon breeder tank with a 100w Exo Terra Intense Basking Spot Light and a Reptisun 10.0 t5 uvb bulb. The only decor I can find on amazon and in my local petsmart are around 4-5" tall and the basking light recommends 8 inches from the light for correct temps meaning I need something at least 8 inches off the ground for basking.

The only way my dragon (Fred) can get enough heat is if he climbs the foam background that came with the terrarium but I feel like that is less than ideal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pics of setup currently...
https://imgur.com/a/OndY7

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
You got lots of options. First, you can go with simple and cheap, which can be things like an upside-down clay flower pot, with a rock, tile, or stone onto. You can make one out of great stuff foam, grout, paint, and sealer, use a hammock (but not one with all the little mesh holes), or just a simple branch.

Here is some inspiration:
87623-6166999773.jpg
87623-2280984149.jpg
87623-3549546353.jpg
87623-1655499507.jpg

Sizzle

Original Poster
JessPets":1tviokuu said:
You got lots of options. First, you can go with simple and cheap, which can be things like an upside-down clay flower pot, with a rock, tile, or stone onto. You can make one out of great stuff foam, grout, paint, and sealer, use a hammock (but not one with all the little mesh holes), or just a simple branch.

Here is some inspiration:
87623-6166999773.jpg
87623-2280984149.jpg
87623-3549546353.jpg
87623-1655499507.jpg

Thanks you for the reply! I found that third image you posted a while ago and am likely going to do something like that. Only thing i'm scared of is him getting stressed out from an enclosure change as he is already not a great eater.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hmm, you don't want to stress him out, but at the same time, the reason for his poor appetite might be encouraged by the diminished heat. Try not to bump things around too much and you should be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom