Help.. bearded dragon lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

simao123

Hello, i'm planing on getting a bearded dragon and i've been reading a lot of information about how to set up a beardie tank etc. I have a 27 gallon tank (in my country we dont use gallon as a measure of volume but i calculated it) for now i think it's good but in a year or 10 months i will upgrade it. I already have the uvb and the basking spot lights but i was wondering if i need something like an infrared light or some kind of night heat lamp for the night. I would appreciate an answer about the night heat lamp because i dont really know if it's necessary, Thanks.

Akire

Hi there, night time temperatures can be as low as 65f and be fine (Source). Anything lower than that and you will want to get a Ceramic Heat Emitter. It gives off heat without any light source. Colored night time bulbs (even infrared) do not work with Bearded Dragons as they can detect the light and it will interrupt their sleep. Like I said though, if the temp is at least 65f then it should be fine.

Hope this is helpful! :wave:

simao123

Original Poster
Hello, im planning on getting a bearded dragon i already got the tank and the heating/basking spot lamp but i have a question about the uvb light. I've seen a lot of topics from long time ago talking about that coils or compact bulbs aren't good for the beardie's health, does it still happend? An Exoterra uvb150 26w compact bulb isn't good for the beardie's health (that's the light i got atm)? If not and it is really necessary for me to get a new one, what's the best uvb lamp that i can get? (not much expensive) and should i put it above the tank's roof or inside the tank (my tank is 50cm ~19.7 inch higher)? I appreciate the answers. :D :D

simao123

Original Poster
Thank you for the answer i will surely look up to that and try to get a better one, but if i use the exoterra uvb150 26w inside the enclosure to provide more uvb light for 3 or 4 weeks till i get a better one does it affect my bearded dragon in any way

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 26w is similar in output to a T8 so it should be fine for a while. It just needs to be 6-8'' above the basking area with no mesh/screen interfering with the output.

simao123

Original Poster
Thanks man, that helped me a lot. I will stick with my uvb150 26w for only a month or somehing and then i will buy an ideal uvb tube. Thanks very much again. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom