Rocks and man made materials from the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I got some rocks and bricks and also a part of an old pipe.
I was wondering if the bricks and pipe would be safe too pit in my beardie's enclosure. I have cleaned them by scrubbing with cold water and dish soap and putting them in a bath full of hot water.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might be a good idea to bleach the rocks and then rinse them very well to sanitize. For wooden items you can rinse & scrub them and put them in the oven on low for an hour or so to sanitize them. Don't put rocks in the oven as they may crack or explode if heated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably. It will clean the surface off pretty well but won't kill off bacteria very well. You could instead use a steam cleaner or give it a soak in boiling water. That should do a pretty decent job of sanitizing. I think in most cases the risks are pretty low but there is a potential for something dangerous to be carried on items from outside so it's a good precaution to try and sanitize it well. I use driftwood from outside and have never had any issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom