Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJBam29

We got our beardie a month and a half ago. He is 8 to 9 months old. He was in a 10 to 15 gal tank with one uvb light, one basking and 1 red heat light. Substrate was sand only. He was a little on the small side. We upgraded to a 40 gal terrarium. Reptihabitat. We ditched the red light and replaced it with a UVB/Basking dual light. He's got two uvb lights as well now. Reptisun 10.0. His basking UVB dual is Solar Glo 160 watt. His basking light is 100 w. Repti Basking Spot lamp. He has a UTH... I know it's not needed bit he likes sleeping on it. Under his tank with a layer of substrate over it, no burning bellies here. He is using Excavator clay, molded as a substrate now. He's got hides and rocks. The lighting is his basking light all the way to the right, next his dual UVB/Basking about in the middle. And his two Reptisuns on the left. Everything in a line across the back. His temps run 95 to 105 on the hot side and 85 to 90 on the cool side. At night his temps stay at 70. 14 hours lights on sometimes 15. He didn't have enough uvb when he was a baby so we might have gone overboard. He seems to be thriving. Went through a shed and big growth spurt. Eats well. Twice daily crickets with fresh veggies available 24/7. Poos 2 times usually, healthy poo. Is the extra uvb too much? I'm not very worried aboit the heat. Just his UVB. Did we set him up right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom