Lighting confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katacara

Hello everyone I recently changed my dragons uvb and basking bulbs, and I must not have gotten the correct kind of bulbs because they are not eating as much as before. And just not really acting like themselves.

I am currently working on building new enclosures so before I spend a ton of money on bulbs I want to make sure I am getting the right kind. So I read up on lighting here and when I thought I had a good idea of what I was going to purchase I looked it up... I was going to go with a reptisun 10.0 but when I went to buy one there were a lot of different kinds of bulbs that said reptisun that all claimed different things. :?: What is the best one to get? (I was on the lllreptile website)

Please excuse me if that was not clear, I am exhausted from playing Cupid for 3 nights with my silk moths!!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
What size of enclosure will you be building and how close do you plan the uvb being from the highest point? Do you plan to set it on top of a mesh? If you plan on it being within 6-8 inches of the basking spot then I'd go with a T8. If you plan to be about 10-12 inches then I'd go with T5. With on top of a screen I would go with the T5 as well. I would go with a size 1/2-3/4 the length of the enclosure.
I recommend Arcadia 12% and they are pretty cheap on this site.
http://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/

Katacara

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply! And the link, I originally wanted to go with Arcadia but had trouble finding what I needed.

Would I need an Arcadia fixture or will the bulb fit any?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Any fixture that fits T5 and the correct size and watts. They sell fixtures with reflectors on that site too. Like the 22" bulb (24 watt) T5 fits the 24" fixture that they have (for T5). Just make sure it's the correct size with the correct watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom