Terrarium set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
94487-6935122516.jpg

Hi! I'm just looking for some advice or pictures on set up, especially from someone with a similar tank. My adult beardie doesn't seem very happy and I want to give her the best that I can. I have the exoterra large wide terrarium. Thank you! ?

94487-8449135515.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I have the lid but I took it off. I don't have any other animals in the house to worry about getting in so I leave it off so the UVB is stronger (the mesh intercepts some of the output) and I can keep the lights up high to provide a little more climbing space. A bit of a personal preference I guess.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I strive to keep my dragon active as possible. Give them plenty to look at, explore and, do. This keeps them from getting bored. My lighting system is a lot like Cooperdragon's but they differ in activity levels. Here is a picture of Peaches' kingdom:
87978-230199369.jpg

Haleymperez93

Original Poster
@cooperdragon the link you posted in your first reply, is that the same light you’re using in your picture? Just wondering so I don’t end up ordering one that’s too small. Also, how did you attach it to the tank?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The one in the picture is the 36''. I think it's too long for the tank and doesn't give enough low UVB areas over the cool side. I've compensated by moving it to the front of the tank to create a gradient toward the back and it's fine but if I had to do it again I'd get the 22''. The one I have just rests along the top of the tank and the power cord hangs off of one side. With the 22'' you could put a wire across the middle (attaching to the plastic flaps that keep the lid on) or put a plastic/wooden cross piece in and rest it on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom