Temps for juvies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so i wanted to ask, what is the ideal temperature gradient for an 8 month old bearded dragon. Ive searched the forum and other websites and i find a variation of results. I currently have my vivarium at 120 on the basking side and 100 on the cooler side. Hes only 8 months though. And the bottom one is slightly cooler because that one is for my adilt 4 year old. Currently my setup is 3 feet wide x 2 feet deepx 18 inches tall(dont know the gallon size because i built it). Using a 24" t8 reptisun 10.0 uvb and a 100w mvb powersun. Felt on floor and a cork hide i biught at petco. And at what age would i have to lower the temperatures in the tank?
93220-4119097865.jpg
93220-4942429112.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, nice job on the enclosures. :) I've raised a lot of dragons, the best temps. are an average of 97-105 for larger juveniles for larger juveniles [ slightly warmer for babies, but never over 110 ] and 75-82 on the cool side. So your temps. are too high on both sides, be careful about overheating, it can do more damage than being too cool.

You might also include some bice basking logs/furniture for them to climb around on, they love to climb.

But get your temps. down ASAP, like right today because that is way too hot.

Offer water via syringe or spray bottle on the snout and give them a soak for a chance to drink in case they're dehydrated.

Buttertoast95

Original Poster
I usually leave the sliding doors open slightly on both sides to get some ventilation in there so the temperatures usually look more like this.
93220-9091845429.jpg
I closed the enclosure and took them out to see how high it can actually get and thats as high as it gets so until i can properly ventilate the viv, ill just leave it open slightly. The viv isnt even completwly done. Im planning on making a homemade rock with a hide and water bowl and a support with shelves on the bottom. So happy i work construction and have a crazy amount of wood and tools at my disposal. Not to memtion the company credit card in my wallet lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom