Basking Light keeps burning out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hello friends. So I've recently been having issues with my basking lights always burning out. I've had Gretchen since the end of May and I've gone through 3 bulbs. Going on my 4th today. So I clearly want to switch bulbs. I've been using zoo med repti sun basking spot light 100W. I'm also going to switch up my fixture because I'm thinking maybe that could be the issue too. My fixture is the basic large dome one which has a ceramic base the bulb screws into . I'm looking for ideas of the beast lights for beardies. And has this happened to anyone else? Thank you !!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Neodymium UVA basking lights are not very robust ....
>> could be a problem with the socket , see if a regular globe works in it, a sparky can test it for a fee, but really better off ditching it and buying a new fitting.
>> could be issue with household electrics (expensive to track down) , try a different power socket.
>> if above don't fix the issue, don't buy that brand + wattage + type of basking globe again.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1m5gc2qn said:
Neodymium UVA basking lights are not very robust ....
>> could be a problem with the socket , see if a regular globe works in it, a sparky can test it for a fee, but really better off ditching it and buying a new fitting.
>> could be issue with household electrics (expensive to track down) , try a different power socket.
>> if above don't fix the issue, don't buy that brand + wattage + type of basking globe again.

Basking and UVB are plugged into a power bar that's on a timer. UVB never blows out just the basking lights. I'll definitely try a new socket buy I'm pretty sure the fixture needs to be changed as well. Thanks for the tips!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom