UVB Bulb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fell13

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a baby bearded dragon and have a question about the UVB light. I am keeping the baby in a large sterilite bin with a paper towel substrate until he gets gains some size and I can keep him in a 4'2'2'. His Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb should be here in the next day or so, but I had a question about its placement. I am having a hard time finding a hood that could sit across the bin, so I was wondering if one of the simple fixtures from Walmart would work (the ones without any hood on them). If I used this type of fixture and laid it across the bin, the bulb itself would touch the bin on both sides. Is this going to cause any problems for the bin or light?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's an excellent way to set up a baby dragon, I've raised tons of them in the plastic tubs. What size is the bulb + what size would the fixture need to be ? This is how mine fit across :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30051/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

If you wanted to mount it lengthwise you could buy enough hardware cloth [ with the larger holes ] to set across the top or some stiff wire that could suspend it over the tub, even lowered down in to the tub slightly.

All you need for decor are some nice sticks/branches from outside [ nothing with sap in it ] and popped in a preheated oven for 45 minures at 250. The cardboard crating works well, too and can be stocked. Rocks from outside can be used as well, just scrub in hot soapy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom