Looking for help with custom enclosure ideas

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Looking for help with custom enclosure ideas

Postby Madrededragones » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hey everyone,

I recently found out that a 40-gallon terrarium might not be enough for my bearded dragons. I am looking for a 120-gallon terrarium but I have searched everywhere with no luck. Most websites that sell them aren't in business anymore. The ones that are still in business charge an arm and a leg for shipping since it's too far away from me and apparently they are heavy as well. I still haven't crossed it out though since it might be the only way to get one. I was thinking of making one but, to be honest, I am not really good with my hands and I don't want to go cheap on it either. I have tried finding some sort of plan but the ones out there aren't very specific... I was thinking of having them stacked as well since I have 2 bearded dragons. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you! :D
Madrededragones
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Looking for help with custom enclosure ideas

Postby AHBD » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:40 am

Hi there, check out the DIY forum here, there are quite a few ideas if you search . Other posters will add ideas too I'm sure.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:09 pm

This is a walkthrough of building a pretty popular enclosure https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html I would use a T5 fixture for the UVB light instead of a T8 and I'd use glass instead of plexiglass to fight against scuffing on the doors. I'd also put a vent low on the cool side and high on the hot side and not bother with the back vents. In theory this should allow for a nice crossflow thanks to convection
CooperDragon

Postby charmander16 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am

craigslist.org

searches: "terrarium", "bearded dragon", "reptile enclosure", "reptile tank", "large aquarium", "reptile cage".
charmander16
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures