Looking for help with custom enclosure ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrededragones

Hey everyone,

I recently found out that a 40-gallon terrarium might not be enough for my bearded dragons. I am looking for a 120-gallon terrarium but I have searched everywhere with no luck. Most websites that sell them aren't in business anymore. The ones that are still in business charge an arm and a leg for shipping since it's too far away from me and apparently they are heavy as well. I still haven't crossed it out though since it might be the only way to get one. I was thinking of making one but, to be honest, I am not really good with my hands and I don't want to go cheap on it either. I have tried finding some sort of plan but the ones out there aren't very specific... I was thinking of having them stacked as well since I have 2 bearded dragons. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, check out the DIY forum here, there are quite a few ideas if you search . Other posters will add ideas too I'm sure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is a walkthrough of building a pretty popular enclosure https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html I would use a T5 fixture for the UVB light instead of a T8 and I'd use glass instead of plexiglass to fight against scuffing on the doors. I'd also put a vent low on the cool side and high on the hot side and not bother with the back vents. In theory this should allow for a nice crossflow thanks to convection

charmander16

Juvie Member
craigslist.org

searches: "terrarium", "bearded dragon", "reptile enclosure", "reptile tank", "large aquarium", "reptile cage".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom