Newbie help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakze

Hello all. I will be getting a beardie next month and i would like some advice. I'm mostly confused about UV lighting. If you guys could help me in this, I would be most thankful.

Here is what i have now
-47x20x20inch tank (120x50x50 centimeter)
-Exoterra sandmat
-Zoo Med Reptisun T5 10.0 HO w/fixture
-Thermometer
-Exoterra Basking spot 150W

Is that sufficient Uv light? What else do I need to buy?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it all sounds very good so far. Nice strong basking light and top of the line uvb. :) What type of thermometer do you have ? Most here use a digital with a probe, the probe needs to sit in a spot for about 20 -30 minutes to get the right reading I believe.

Do you have the tank partly set up yet ? Any cage decor ? Beardies love o climb, so a nice basking branch or log can be bought or collected outside and put in a preheated oven at 250F for an hour to sterilize it.

Sakze

Original Poster
I'm using a digital thermometer. I dont have the tank decorated yet. I have repticarpet ready and i'm making fake rock strycture for the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom