Misting the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
My beardie is shedding so ive been misting him and his enclosure to help with the humidity and his shedding process. I was wondering how do you get rid of the water marks off from the glass?
Thanks! :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't mist the enclosure but either offer a bath or just offer some extra hydration via spray or dropper on the nose. They're pretty good at shedding on their own and don't usually need any intervention.

When I clean the glass on my tank I spray it with a vinegar/water mixture and then wipe it clean with paper towel which makes the glass pretty clear.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks. One of the petstore manager said "Lightly mist the enclosure" so wasn't sure if that was valid or not. Seems like most of the things they say are invalid but figured to get another opinion. I try to offer variety of options for him. He doesn't like baths so trying to work around it to where he gets baths a couple times a week. Or maybe if i do it more often he will enjoy them? Not sure if that theory works :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Baths aren't really necessary unless he gets soiled or stinky. Some of them like baths and some don't. It's not worth the stress of pushing a bath if they don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom