Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with the substrate in my bearded dragon enclosure. I have a juvenile bearded dragon and as a result I can only have reptile carpet in my enclosure. The problem is that when I feed my beardie crickets the crickets always find a way to get under the carpet no matter how I place it. Since then I have duct taped the reptile carpet down to the glass of the enclosure to keep the crickets from getting under it. However, now my problem is that the crickets are still trying to get under the carpet and they are getting stuck to the duct tape and dying. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does anyone have a solution other than getting a separate enclosure just for feeding? Anything helps. Thanks.

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
ejuncker16":20clj3w9 said:
I am having a problem with the substrate in my bearded dragon enclosure. I have a juvenile bearded dragon and as a result I can only have reptile carpet in my enclosure. The problem is that when I feed my beardie crickets the crickets always find a way to get under the carpet no matter how I place it. Since then I have duct taped the reptile carpet down to the glass of the enclosure to keep the crickets from getting under it. However, now my problem is that the crickets are still trying to get under the carpet and they are getting stuck to the duct tape and dying. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does anyone have a solution other than getting a separate enclosure just for feeding? Anything helps. Thanks.

Switch to tile, a lot easier to maintain, pretty cheap, and insects can't get underneath it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When I had babies I just made the crickets easy to catch by shaking them up in a jar. Just put a few at a time [ so none get wasted ] with a pinch of calcium powder and shake the jar pretty hard....watch to see that the crix are weak + slow moving. Then dump 4-5 at a time near your beardie to grab up. Every time he eats a batch, repeat the routine until he's had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom