UVB Light Fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! My girlfriend's beardie is in need of an upgrade from a 18 inch to 24 inch UVB. We want to mount the bulb and are trying to find the best fixture. We see a lot of people talk about the Walmart fixtures but we cannot understand what brand their talking about. Can anyone help us out?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
turtlethewaterdragon":yev13lln said:
Hey! My girlfriend's beardie is in need of an upgrade from a 18 inch to 24 inch UVB. We want to mount the bulb and are trying to find the best fixture. We see a lot of people talk about the Walmart fixtures but we cannot understand what brand their talking about. Can anyone help us out?

The Walmart ones are probably OK ... BUT
>>> you will need to install a reflector behind the tube as domestic T8 and T5 fittings have no reflectors builtin
>>> you will have to remove the "clear crystal/ or frosted" plastic cover that wraps over the tube as these absorb ALL the UVA and UVB produced by the T8 or T5 tube UVB tube.

Likely after retrofitting a good reflector in the fitting you will not save many $ over buying a properly made reptile T5 or T8 reflector hood.

Some online shops are offering Arcadia T5HO Slimline 24" reflector hoods including a 24W 12%UVB Arcadia T5HO tube in the kit for a fair bit less you'd pay if you bought the reflector hood and the 12%UVB T5 tube separately.

turtlethewaterdragon

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":15d04t4w said:
turtlethewaterdragon":15d04t4w said:

The Walmart ones are probably OK ... BUT
>>> you will need to install a reflector behind the tube as domestic T8 and T5 fittings have no reflectors builtin
>>> you will have to remove the "clear crystal/ or frosted" plastic cover that wraps over the tube as these absorb ALL the UVA and UVB produced by the T8 or T5 tube UVB tube.

Likely after retrofitting a good reflector in the fitting you will not save many $ over buying a properly made reptile T5 or T8 reflector hood.

Some online shops are offering Arcadia T5HO Slimline 24" reflector hoods including a 24W 12%UVB Arcadia T5HO tube in the kit for a fair bit less you'd pay if you bought the reflector hood and the 12%UVB T5 tube separately.

Are there any for a T8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom