Reptisun T5 HO vs Reptisun 10 T8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaleesii

I have been using reptisun 10 T8 since I got my beardie years ago. I currently have a hood light fixture and wanted to put one on the inside of the tank as I know it is better for them. I found a fixture for the T5 HO 10.0 on beardeddragon.co and was wondering which bulb is better. I think the T5 would be better as I have a large tank (75 gallon) and it is a 34 inch bulb so it covers more area. Is this bulb ok for my beardie though? I read that it is very bright and dont want it to damage his eyes or disturb him.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Th T5 is a better lamp, it is about 2x as strong as the T8 so it can be mounted further away.
I would suggest using a T5 with a good reflective hood and hanging it 8-10" away thru the screen or 12" away with out screen. It doesn't need to be inside and that would let you use more vertical space for your dragon for climbing stuff. It doesn't need to cover the whole cage either. Just about 1/2.

Khaleesii

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion. I already bought a fixture for inside the tank, thinking it was better for him, but I cant figure out how to mount the thing safely so might be getting a hood fixture after all. I know people have said they use command hooks but there is nothing to hook them to on this fixture. Dont understand why they dont make in tank fixtures specifically for reptile cages that have a way to hang them :p

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Khaleesii":1cn0cb50 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I already bought a fixture for inside the tank, thinking it was better for him, but I cant figure out how to mount the thing safely so might be getting a hood fixture after all. I know people have said they use command hooks but there is nothing to hook them to on this fixture. Dont understand why they dont make in tank fixtures specifically for reptile cages that have a way to hang them :p

I used jewelry making wire to attach my light to the underside of my mesh tank cover/lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom