Out door pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
I made these 2 out door pins for my beardies. The towel in the middle creates shade while blocking view of each other because they do not get along very well. They are not kept in this pin all day long or un attended. I wanted people's opinions on the size of each pin. If I should make them a little bigger or not.
89991-5317304432.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those look like they should provide a good amount of protection from predators. The towel should work for shade as well but keep an eye on it to ensure that enough shade is being cast. I'd give it a test and see how they react to it.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I put one of my beardies in it to check size. And to see if she would try to climb it or if it would stress her out. She didn't seem to mind being in it. And I'm probably going to get a piece of ply wood to lay on half of each cage to provide good amount of shade. Unfortunately it's not to sunny outside so I didn't keep her in it to long.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like a successful first test. I never thought to use those modular crates as an enclosure. Hopefully they will enjoy it on nice sunny days =)

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I got a whole bunch of them from work. They were going to throw them away. So after making shelving inside we had a lot left over so I decided to make these pins.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you have more perhaps you could build upward and provide a log or branch to climb on and bask. They seem to like propping up on things while they get their sunshine.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I might. I have plenty. It's just when it rains I have to bring them inside and have to think about space. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment. So I have 2 huge tanks and a dog ?. But I might go out and buy a tarp to put over it. But living i an apartment that could end up being an eye soar and people get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom