Nocturnal Infrared Heat Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if it allright to use this? It came with the kit and after doinh some research I have found alot of muxed emotions/reviews. Jimmie is about 5 months old and only a week with me ( just got him last Monday) is it safe to use as he does seem to be sleeping through the nights. Or should I have no lights on and his heating pad turnt on?

Again mixed reviews and opinions got me worried.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Here is the picture, also I keep the day lights on from 9am to 9pm and his night light on from 9pm to 9am
92333-7124497578.jpg

Edit 2: Also about my uvb, it came with the kit and assume its a coil one (basiclly 2 bulbs in one fixture) and have herd alot of bad things about them, should i change it? And how long until it is critical to chabge to a new one (type not the same kind of bulb) ?
92333-7191159338.jpg

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello AlexZander! Those night-lights should never be used, as they will screw with their sleep pattern.

UV is one of the very most important parts of beardie owning. The 5.0 compact is not a good bulb, and should immediately be replaced with a ReptiSun 10.0 t5 tube style bulb.

AlexZander

Original Poster
JessPets":15m23rck said:
Hello AlexZander! Those night-lights should never be used, as they will screw with their sleep pattern.

UV is one of the very most important parts of beardie owning. The 5.0 compact is not a good bulb, and should immediately be replaced with a ReptiSun 10.0 t5 tube style bulb.

Should I keep using the heating pad under the tank then? Hes only young so to me letting the temp drop to arpund 70 seems harmful but then again idk

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
AlexZander":15orn98i said:
JessPets":15orn98i said:

Should I keep using the heating pad under the tank then? Hes only young so to me letting the temp drop to arpund 70 seems harmful but then again idk

I wouldn't. Beardies need a temp drop at night. As they are cold blooded, when it gets cold, their bodies slow down, so they sleep. As long as it doesn't constantly drop down below 65º, you should be fine

AlexZander

Original Poster
JessPets":33m6kz3l said:
AlexZander":33m6kz3l said:
JessPets":33m6kz3l said:

I wouldn't. Beardies need a temp drop at night. As they are cold blooded, when it gets cold, their bodies slow down, so they sleep. As long as it doesn't constantly drop down below 65º, you should be fine

Okay ill turn everything off for the night and see what its like in the morning..
Is it okay to use all 3 lights druing the day (also will get a new uvb this week, is he okay until thursday??) (All three lights bring it up to the constant 110 all day)

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
AlexZander":25l92jtl said:
JessPets":25l92jtl said:
AlexZander":25l92jtl said:
JessPets":25l92jtl said:

Okay ill turn everything off for the night and see what its like in the morning..
Is it okay to use all 3 lights druing the day (also will get a new uvb this week, is he okay until thursday??) (All three lights bring it up to the constant 110 all day)

Honestly, red should be avoided completely. Instead of using those ridiculously expensive petstore bulbs, just use a halogen with a dimmer. Much cheaper and better. Can you get that fairly soon?
And yes, he'll be fine until then as far as UV

AlexZander

Original Poster
I will try to gwt it asap after I do some more research on them. Anyway you can post pics of what you are talking about?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Sure.

Here is the ReptiSun 10.0:
87623-2828167035.jpg

Just use a normal halogen bulb (like this:
87623-6048371787.jpg
)

And a table dimmer:
87623-5863662823.jpg

Hope this helped!

AlexZander

Original Poster
So heres the thing turns out i have 2 100w white basking bulbs from All Things Living so would it be fine to just switch them out with the ones i have now (replace the red one)? Also working on the UVB bulb all pet stores around me have non

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
AlexZander":1e3izx20 said:
So heres the thing turns out i have 2 100w white basking bulbs from All Things Living so would it be fine to just switch them out with the ones i have now (replace the red one)? Also working on the UVB bulb all pet stores around me have non

Yes, those will work much better. What thermometer do you have? Those dial ones are total junk

AlexZander

Original Poster
JessPets":37nhma6x said:
AlexZander":37nhma6x said:

Yes, those will work much better. What thermometer do you have? Those dial ones are total junk

Thats what i have right now but ordered a temp gun and a digital hydromiter thinking of moving the dial one over to the cold side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom