Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello it's getting pretty hot now and I wanted to know if I can leave my beardie basket lamp off it putting the temp in the cage to 120

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would leave it on so it's still providing bright light. You can cut the heat output by raising it higher up or possibly dimming it using a lamp dimmer or dimming thermostat.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As the seasons change, it is usually necessary to make some adjustments in the bulb wattages or the distance of them. It's important to make sure you are using either a temperature gun or digital probe thermometer to get accurate readings. If you're using a round gauge (dial), those are very inaccurate & can be off 20 degrees or more. So if that's the type you're using, the basking surface temp could actually be closer to 140 degrees. In that case, you would definitely need to use a lower bulb wattage during the hotter season.

Do you still have the 2 beardies housed together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom