Repti-Carpet Cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticReaper

What is the best way for me to thoroughly clean repti-carpet? I had someone tell me that I should just put it in with the rest of my laundry. Are there any laundry detergents that are safe for a beardie? Otherwise, what is the best method to clean it?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I just wash it alone or with the spare carpet, using detergent that's scent free. Usually I hang it to dry, but have put it in the dryer, not for too long. I changed to non adhesive shelf liner from Bed, bath & beyond. So much better. Got it in a nice light sand color. So much easier to clean, no live food can get under it. I'm sure Wmart has it too.

JoyceRedman

Every morning I clean the fresh waste materials and food daily from the carpet. I used to pull out the feces and uneaten food from the carpet using the paper towel. Then I take out the carpet and put it in the hot, soapy water and soak it for some minutes. Scrub the carpet with a brush and again wash it in clean water. Then I rinse the carpet in hot water to remove the soap completely. I also use bleach to disinfectant the carpet from the bacterias. Bleaching the carpet can remove the bacteria to an extent. Then again rinse the carpet in the hot water to remove bleach content. Dry it in the sunlight. Also, once in a while, I used to get service from the carpet cleaning Mississauga to wash the carpets perfectly. They disinfectant the carpet and make it free from all the bacterias.

I don't trust detergents when it comes to my animals. I soak my carpets in scalding hot water with about a capful of vinegar per gallon of water for 15-20 minutes, then use a scrub brush under running hot water to remove feces and any other debris. I wring them out, and hang dry. I have multiple carpets, so it's easier.

Vinegar is a very good disinfectant, combined with water that hot, you will kill anything that could hurt your beardie. If you're still not sure, you can always pop it in the freezer for a few days after it's dry, which also kills the bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom