Converting Display Cabinets into Beardie Cages - Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origami

http://imgur.com/a/5Hp5c
So I don't have my beardie yet. I do have a grow out cage set up, that has been up and running for a few days so I can properly check temps, humidity ect... however it is small a 25/30 gallonish comparison zoo med terrarium. The medium sized low and square one.

Anyway this is the cabinet I want to convert. I have been doing research about proper venting, heating, UVB placement, tile flooring... ect. However I was wondering if anyone has been through this or knows of a good cost effective way to do the conversion. I have very little carpentry skills, but my father is a pro so I can borrow from him. I also want to make sure I am doing this safely. With the worry of using a wood cage of course I worry about fire, and also I want to make sure I protect by beardie when I install his heat sources. Usually I use external heat, but it will have to be internal in the cage so I am wondering what the safest way to do that. I know heat cages can be dangerous.

THANK YOU! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom