Baby bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancchevgirl

So my son wanted a bearded dragon, I thought it would help teach him some responsibility. We go to the pet store look at them and decide to get it, as the worker helped us you know the one who was supposed to know stuff about bearded dragons cause we are new bearded dragon owners. Well I fell in love so I was like let's get 2 so they aren't lonely. They need a friend. I've been reading more n more trying to learn. How come the pet store sold me 2 babies knowing you can't keep the 2 together for long? When do I have to separate them?
ANY HELP PLEASE! I DON'T HAVE 2 CAGES

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The petstores are usually not all that concerned with doing things correctly. Most of the time, they are only interested in sales.
What sized tank are they in now? Do you have a picture of the tank?
You could wait for a short bit to separate them, depending on the size of the tank. Usually you will begin to see signs of dominance, etc from one of them. Plus, if they are related & a male & female they will inbreed. If they happen to be two males, that definitely will not work, they will be too aggressive.
You could set up a temporary bin using a large plastic bin until you can find another tank & light setup. Check Craigslist for a glass tank at a good price. Also, sometimes the petstores will run sales on the tanks, for $1 per gallon.

Tracie

Fancchevgirl

Original Poster
Yea the even sold me a small tank! It's only a 20 gallon witch I knew I would have to get a bigger one in a few months but it makes me so mad that I told them we where buying 2 so they wouldn't get lonely and they even sold us the bearded dragon starter kit for both of them to live in! Even told us that 20 Gallon tank would be fine for them for a few months. I even bought a big huge cage for them once there bigger. When do I have to separate them? I can get another tank but so mad that the pet place did this! We wouldn't of got 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom