New Viv needed, need help with choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my beardie for 1 year and a few months and he has been in a 3ft tank since day 1 recently he has been "glass surfing" and i read that this can be caused by the tank being too small. I was told that eventually he would need a 4ft tank and that would be ok for the rest of his life but other sites and people i have talked to have said 5-6ft is the best for a full grown beardie. Any help is appreciated

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
As big as you can offer is my suggestion as "best". In most cases this means building your own though there are some vendors that sell big cages. 4x2x2 is the minimum but larger in any dimension is better, including vertically. Furnished well all the space should get used.

Glass surfing (escape behavior) can also be if other parameters not just case size are off, as well as if the cage is not very enriching/stimulating enough.

OperationReggie

Original Poster
Ah right i see, well i have been looking around and found a viv that is 150cm x 60cm x 50cm (5ft). Do you think that will be ok as it really the only size cage i can fit in the space i have.Thanks for your help :)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
That sounds like a good size to me. A little short but you have to work with the space you've got :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom