Cleaning Routines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelseyrae

Hello experts.
I have a question about your daily/weekly/monthly cleaning routines. I have small tile for substrate so as they become soiled, I wipe them up individually and then rinse. I've heard of people using vinegar and water. What is the ratio of vinegar to water that you use? And I'm guessing that is for the daily cleaning. For disinfecting, everyone seems to bake their tile/wood. How often do you do this?
Thank you all

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use big ceramic tiles (2 tiles 18x18'' for my 36x18'' tank). I spot clean using the vinegar/water whenever they get dirty. It does well at getting solid bits up like dried veg etc. The ratio is roughly 50/50 but i just guess at it. You could use all vinegar if you want to I suppose. I wouldn't water it down too much though. My dragon doesn't poop in his tank unless he's left home alone for a bit. When he does, the tiles come out and get washed and then baked. The rest of the tank gets washed with the vinegar mix and then either sprayed down with F10SC or steam to disinfect. I have a few sets of tiles so I swap in fresh tiles when the other set is being baked/cooling. I bake the wood parts like driftwood and the habba hut the same way. Plastic stuff gets hit with the steam or F10SC.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
I spot clean with antibacterial wipes or baby wipes everyday. Then once per week I use vinegar and wipe everything down. I have a spray bottle that's 2/3 vinegar and I use it all over the house too. But I'm about to order some f10 disinfectant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom