hiding in cave during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. we have 2mo (maybe just 3mo) & he was hiding in his cave during the day, getting very cool & seemed to start to shut down like he did at night, so i was told to take cave away during day. is this ok? hes got a plant where he can hide behind if he needs to. hes still dark on his belly all the time. not sure how else to help him (think he might actually be she, more pronounced single bump yesterday i noticed)
89922-8577875057.jpg
98-109 on basking log, 72 on cool side, t8 uvb inside, eating a little better, maybe up to 10-12 dubias a day and 3 pcs collards when i hand feed. he ate phoenix the 1st day i got them but not since. trying everything i can to make him comfy but still seems skittish & its over 3wks already, maybe he just needs more time. i did give 2 days of reptiboost which seemed to help a bit. fecal sample came back great, no sign of any potential parasites at all. thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like he's basking nicely in the photo. How much time does he spend in the cave during the day? Is he generally active and alert when he's out of the cave? Your temperature gradient is good. How far above the basking spot is that T8 tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom