how is this set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Playing around with the lighting and heat to make sure we are good to go. We are getting him tomorrow if all goes well with our temps and stuff. I am so nervous I want to make it just right. I have never had a reptile before and had to deal with lighting and temps so forgive me if I am freaking out a bit!! :wink:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks good Shannon. :) Beardies love to climb, so the big log is perfect. You might just move the uvb tube over to he left because most beardies spend a lot of time at the highest point while basking, unless it's too hot.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I'd have been even more helpful if I would have said to just move his log to the opposite side if it's easier than moving the uvb. :)

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So we believe this log is too big. Returning this am for smaller one not so high to top. All of this needs to be done before we get him today I am so nervous something won't be right with his tank?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The log is a perfect fit, keep it. The basking bulb needs to be set at one end, not the middle, so he can have a cool end and warm end...."temperature gradient". This would be my suggestions.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shoot we retuned it for smaller log. The temp was getting to 150 on tall log. The new log we got we tested this am. Temp is 103 now. The other end is at 80

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Basking bulb might be a bit on the high wattage side. 75w to100w should be a good fit for that tank. You can also raise and lower the light fixture to adjust the basking temp.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
103 is a good temp. Congratulations!! Send pics when he gets home!

I was asking about how close the log is to the top because I wouldn't want him to be able to escape :D

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha! Oops see I am paranoid. He's been home for hour now. Seems happy with his place. Will try handling him in couple days? He seems relaxed

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Relaxed.... LOL!!!! He's sizing you up to see what his first demands are going to be for his new slaves, LOL!!!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons, a world where things are not always as they seem! A mystical realm of adventure and discovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom