Decor ideas for mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ripley is about 5 months old, and she had a couple issues recently with the usage of her back legs. I took her to the vet and he told me that she can still feel pain and react, however she does have slight paresis. She isn't paralyzed though. And we took an x ray and showed me and her bones and organs are all intact. She does not have a calcium deficiency, she doesn't have impaction, she doesn't have any sort of physical ailments. However, the vet said that it's more than likely neurological. She's never stressed and she's always pretty alert and active. The issue is, most of the ornaments and decor in her tank force her to climb. This is a problem because she can't actually use her legs properly so she drags herself from place to place or I assist her.

What kind of decor ideas could I do to keep her busy but still let her get around easier? I know that some beardies can't climb because of nail issues. And I keep the lighting and heat regulated and I also moved the bulbs down so that they can reach her if she's lower in the tank. So does Anyone have an suggestions on decor that could make Ripley's life a little easier? Thanks!

cmoo

My beardie has difficulty getting around her cage as well. I stacked pieces of natural slate to make "steps" up to her basking spot. It's made it so much easier for her to climb. I also placed small towels in spots where she might stumble or fall. She seems to really enjoy those as well.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Seems like a lot of dragons have neurological problems that are not related to illness or vitamin issues. It's likely due to inbreeding...
Australia will need to loosen up its exportation laws to add different genetics. But it's unlikely it will ever happen, so inbreeding problems with dragons will probably get worse over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom