Tortoise Table Renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have decided to take my old tortoise table and modify it for a dragon. I figure not many changes will have to take place so I'm hoping it will be a simple project.

The tortoise table I'm working with is 8 feet long and 3 feet wide with 2 foot walling, no lid or top of any kind with 2 decent sized looking glass inserts on the front wall.

With that said, will I need a top? Are dragons avid climbers or jumpers? I am also not a huge fan unnatural substrates, is it really that big of a problem to use natural materials to their desert climates such as sands or rocked dirt? The far left side of the enclosure has a 3 foot diameter heat zone that is temped to 101F, and the middle right side has a 1 foot diameter heat zone (98F), Is that too much or would it be ok with proper shelter and hide zones? Also what is more beneficial, rocky desert layout or 'wasteland burrow' (dead-wood/brush) layout? On a side note, I saw on a terrarium setup video, this lady found hexagonal shaped tiles and applied acrylic to them then painted them light brown and arranged them in her dragon enclosure to look like a dried up water bed bottom. Anyways, that is some of the first questions I have had, any input would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom