Can I use a heat lamp for a night light? (More explain insid

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to owning one. PRETTY MUCH my baby beardie was NOT PLANNED! I have no money no job my dad's helping and it's my friends beardie she couldn't take with when moving. I have a heat lamp and uvb lamp but the heat lamp has a dimmer. I sweat in my sleep and pretty much I have a heater space heater aimed in her direction to keep her warm at night. I just spent over 30 or 40 on the uvb lamp and bulb.

Can I use the heat lamp at a dim light as a night light cause BOY IT GETS HOT IN THAT ROOM FOR ME! I live in Pennsylvania so the temp outside is 50 and my room about 63 or so and the cool side of her cage is about 70 to 72 degrees. It's hard with no insulation in this house.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
If it has a dimmer you can get a ceramic heat emitter, they don't put out light and will keep it warm (between 65 and 75) pretty easy.
I just insulated my dragons 75gal viv with 1/2" blue Styrofoam insulation board, just measure it to fit tight and snap it between the plastic bands on the tank. It has dropped my humidity and easier to heat. Just a thought.

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
Well it has this Styrofoam backboard. Just lol I don't start my new job till november and she's a baby but not tiny. She isn't full gtown either (she's a sassy one tho lol) but the basking heating light has a dimmer and lol I'm hot blooded. Where can I find those materials tho?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Most places that have reptiles will have CHE's and yes it is a styrofoam , some call it blue board(it also comes in pink, yuk) you get it at any place that sells building materials . some even sell 1/2 sheets (4x4).

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
Like I said this is new for me. Ive owned cats fish hamsters a duck a dog a turtle (was my brothers) and a snail so this is new. Had her for 3 days. But do I like put it on the outside or .. I am confused lol only cause I don't wanna do anything to hurt her or freaks her out.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
xmyselfxmex":uyt6txbb said:
Like I said this is new for me. Ive owned cats fish hamsters a duck a dog a turtle (was my brothers) and a snail so this is new. Had her for 3 days. But do I like put it on the outside or .. I am confused lol only cause I don't wanna do anything to hurt her or freaks her out.
Yes put it on the outside, it can also help hold your background on, on three sides. Yes, you just do the bottom and three sides. All on the outside.

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
Gormagon":24h09wvo said:
xmyselfxmex":24h09wvo said:
Yes put it on the outside, it can also help hold your background on, on three sides. Yes, you just do the bottom and three sides. All on the outside.
Lol I'm a winger so I think I THINK I can work some thing winging it cause the Styrofoam background that came with the tank is in the tank lol.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I really hate to ask this but, What type of uvb light did you get, if it is the coil type can you return it? They are not good for beardies eyes and don't put out enough uvb for them. You need a long tube type , at least a 10.0t8 to get close to what they need.

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
Gormagon":sz1didty said:
I really hate to ask this but, What type of uvb light did you get, if it is the coil type can you return it? They are not good for beardies eyes and don't put out enough uvb for them. You need a long tube type , at least a 10.0t8 to get close to what they need.
See I'm in hard time right now. My dad paid for the uvb light I only have extra 20 bucks after the doctors tomorrow and those tubes here are like 60 to 70 bucks. AND I JUST LOOKED and no receipt..... *sigh*

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
xmyselfxmex":urhhjmv1 said:
Gormagon":urhhjmv1 said:
See I'm in hard time right now. My dad paid for the uvb light I only have extra 20 bucks after the doctors tomorrow and those tubes here are like 60 to 70 bucks. AND I JUST LOOKED and no receipt..... *sigh*
I really really REALLY hope and pray that they kept my dad's receipt on file cause....that was 40 dollars. 40 dollars we shouldn't have even spent. God this is frustrating....

xmyselfxmex

Original Poster
I found a tube uvb light for 29.99 at that fish place so hopefully that will work and I'll have to wing it wit cardboard on the glass and maybe get creative with it and deal with the heater on at night aimed at the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom