Tortoise cave for basking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukewarmchunk

Finding a basking platform for my dragon is hard. We have her in a big 75 gallon (fish) tank. This is it http://www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-75-gallon-hooded-aquarium-zid36-17609/cat-36-catid-300013?var_id=36-17609&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

My girlfriend insisted on getting it because it was so cheap at the time. However, being so big and being not a reptile tank has made it hard to get a proper basking platform for my dragon. Right now, we have a DIY basking platform we made out of some wood, a tile, a potted plant vase, and some reptile carpet. I've really been wanting to change it out. It takes up so much room and is a nuisance to clean. But like i've said, its very hard to find a good platform. I was considering this tortoise cave as a possible basking platform/cave. https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-PT2922-Tortoise-Cave/dp/B00GVDU41K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Would it be any good? If not, some direction to a tall basking platform (about 9 inches tall) would be great.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should work well if it has the proper dimensions. Will be easy to clean and sanitize. Have you considered using some driftwood pieces or other similar wooden pieces to lean against eachother and create a fencepost style basking spot? The basking area doesn't necessarily need to be level, just something easy to lay around on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom