UVB Distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, the fixture itself is already starting to melt from the high heat of the 90w bulb. I have another high spot on the cool side which is just as high as the basking spot, so would it be okay to put the uvb bulb over next to that one, or should I keep it by the basking bulb?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep it next to the basking bulb. You want the heat and bright white light to combine with the UVB. Is it the UVB fixture that is melting? I've found that if you cover the plastic with foil it helps shield it from high heat. I had to do this with the plastic crossbars on the top of my tank.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, thats what i did and left it on while i go to the store. I guess we'll see. The HO bulb and hood both get here wednesday so it'll just be for a short time that she will be without a good amount of UVB. I might even go return it tomorrow and just feed her the reptiworms and take her outside so that it doesnt melt and gets unreturnable

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's fine too. A few days shouldn't be a problem, especially when you can provide some natural sunlight. Otherwise you can keep the T8 on hand as a spare. That's what I did when i got my T5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom