Zilla digital power center timer help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverGravity

Hatchling Member
So I got the zilla power center timer so I didn't need to deal with turning lights on and off every day, but it's not working. I read the instructions, watched a video, and it looks like I've set it up perfectly. It doesn't turn on though. Beginning to think I got a defective one. It's only the day lights that won't turn on, the constant ones seem to work.

So, does it have to be a 12 hour cycle, or can it be more or less? I have it at 14 hours a day.

Light fixtures need to be turned on right? All the time? Then they'll turn on at the proper time. I've got mine turned on all the time so that the light bulbs can go on when the timer is set to, but they stay dark unless I unplug them and plug them into different outlets aka don't work when plugged into the timer but work anywhere else.

Any general tips or troubleshooting tips?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I had the same issue and determined mine was definitely defective. My first one did the same thing so I sent it back and received another. The second one seemed to work fine until I noticed it was randomly adding minutes. I set the time to match my cell phone at 10:00, in about 5 minutes when my phone stated it was 10:05 the power center was reading 10:23! There is a YouTube video that goes over the instructions and actually shows you what to do step by step. I just typed in "how to program the zilla power center" you can try this and see if it helps you any.
From my personal experience the product was complete crap though others have had great success with it. I finally returned it for a full refund and went to Walmart and got a double socket (for both the UVB and uva bulbs) wall timer for 14 bucks and months later it's still working like it should.

To answer your questions 14 hour cycle is fine and actually recommend for beardies. The power center is suppose to be able to perform for whatever cycle you set it for. And yes you have to leave the lights on or it will be unable to cut them on for you. Make sure your have the setting on "auto" so that it knows to automatically cut them on and off.
Hope this helps

jesse1912

We could not get the power center to work either. We would like to find a timer system where we can plug two cords for day time and one for night (our Little Lady seems to like her night time light on). We have not been able to find a timing system for both day time and night and that has three outlet plugs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
jesse1912":2c4ikab8 said:
We could not get the power center to work either. We would like to find a timer system where we can plug two cords for day time and one for night (our Little Lady seems to like her night time light on). We have not been able to find a timing system for both day time and night and that has three outlet plugs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not going to criticize you for the night light ? I know that's not what you are here for lol.
Try Places like Walmart, Lowes, and just about any hardware store. They usually have a good variety in wall timers pretty cheaply priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom