MASSIVE lizard vivarium needs sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

So my dream of making an entire sunroom for my 2 water dragons is coming true...
It's an extension on my lounge and is a cross between a sunroom and conservatory with a water pool in the middle.

I am currently speaking to an architect who is working with a glass company to come up with some ideas. The roof will be completely clear to let in light and the sides will be opening windows (with a bi fold screen so they can't get out) . One wall will be solid and I will have their original 2 metre enclosure in there as well as trees, plants, etc outside their original enclosure for climbing during summer in the main sunroom. I want as much natural UVB as possible for the sunroom.

I have done a bit of research and the only type of glass I have found that lets in UVB is starphire glass. There is solacryl plastic that zoo's use but not sure if I can get this in NZ or whether there is another name for it?
Just want to know if anyone has made a semi outdoor/indoor enclosure like this before and what materials you used for the roofing?
Thanks

Callista

I can't answer your questions, as I don't know anything about that, but I just wanted to say that that sounds amazing! Your water dragons are very lucky reptiles!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You may have some luck with the folks over at the Reptile Lighting group on Facebook, or Advanced Herp Huspabdry group. They are both European based so maybe not super helpful but probably more likely to get you pointed in the right direction.

SDragons

Juvie Member
I agree it sounds wonderful.

Perhaps call a local zoo and ask to speak with their Maintence department. They would be the ones ordering replacement glass and may had advice for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom