i cant find a 10.0 UVB bulb anywhere!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisser4

i have looked at every pet store near me and i got the All Living Things UVB bule that says its 50 watts but idk if it is 10.0 or not... im very stressed about my beardie, Rex, and i just wanna know if he will be ok. Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a UVB light or is it the 50w Neodymium basking bulb? I don't advise using a basking light with a Neodymium coating because that filters yellow and may make things look distorted to your dragon. A PAR38 halogen flood light will work well as would a ZooMed Repti Basking spot light. That's just for basking/heat though. You'll still need a UVB light. If you don't have good options locally, is it an option to order a bulb online? You can get most everything you need online and have it shipped. If that's not an option, I'd go back to Petsmart and look for their All Living Things "Desert Fluorescent UVB bulb". It's a tube style light that will produce adequate UVB at around 6-8'' above the basking area. If you can find the ReptiSun 10.0 it would be a better option but the All Living Things is a Zilla Desert 50 in a different box. It's an OK bulb and will do the job. You'll need a fixture that is the same size as the bulb. The Zilla Slimline fixture is pretty good if you can find it. Just be sure to remove the clear plastic from in front of the bulb as that will intercept UVB.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You can ask your pet store to order the reptisun 10.0 t8 like I did and I had it in 3 days. Sometimes talking to them helps. Not sure if petsmart could do it since they are bound by contract to sell certain products and its hard for them to deviate.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how things were going with finding a new light? I hope you were able to find one.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom