"That" bonsai tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smauggle

Ok, we've had our little guy for almost a week now (Smauggle got veto'd, we've settle on Boris)
After bedtime we always go and see how he fell asleep, because usually it's adorable. Tonight after lights out I went in and found 6 crickets still roaming around, one right on his back.
I pulled them out with authority. Only one survived. I guess I lost track of a few during the day and assumed he ate them. I took a closer look at the tree we've got in there - and found it has a few hollows that are perfect cricket hiding size - I've attached the picture kind of as a heads up, but I'm also looking for advice on how to fill these holes in a non-toxic way. Has anyone noticed this issue, and come up with a way to fill them?
84379-5083708079.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Years ago when I was using a basking log that had holes in it that the crickets would hide in, I found out that playdoh worked very well blocking the holes. It hardened up nicely and is non-toxic. You can now even get it in colors so that it will blend in.

smauggle

Original Poster
diamc":u16crz2y said:
Years ago when I was using a basking log that had holes in it that the crickets would hide in, I found out that playdoh worked very well blocking the holes. It hardened up nicely and is non-toxic. You can now even get it in colors so that it will blend in.

Brilliant!
Thank you, I never would have come up with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom