judge my cage!!!!! Rate 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhubbs23

I feed him roaches and crickets, his basking spot ranges from 95 to 105. He doesn't really like his veggies but I always encourage him to nibble before I feed him his live bait. He is 3 months old and I Handle him about 1 hour
Aday
P.s. Can someone help me post a pic , I can't figure it out
84451-7572807027.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, guess you figured out how to post a picture. :) Doing this is actually a very good idea so that owners know exactly what changes are recommended.

I would give it a 5 right now. The branches are great, gives your beardie a lot of different areas to lay. It's also great that you are using a strip fluorescent UVB tube. Good that you're using a solid substrate too, looks like reptile carpeting?

As far as changes that I would suggest are to not use the double dome, us a single dome with just one bright white basking bulb so that you can move the UVB light over to the right side also so he can get the benefit of both bulbs at the same time. Where he is sitting in the picture, he is getting some UVB but not the heat that he needs. Would also be a good idea to not use the red bulb at all, not even at night as they can disturb their sleep. If the tank temps drops to 65 at night, a ceramic heat emitter would be best as they provide heat but no light.

The round gauge (dial) thermometers can be off 20 degrees or more so not reliable. The only 2 ways to get accurate readings are with either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end.

Also wanted to mention that it's important to remove the water dish at night because a young beardie that size could drown in a very small amount of water and we all know how soundly they sleep.

Good luck with your new baby.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that it is carpeting.

If the strip fluorescent tube is a Repti-Sun 10.0 or an Arcadia, you don't need to use a coil/compact UVB at all and that way you can do away with the double dome so that you can put the tube bulb right behind a white basking bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom