Opinion on tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've had my beardie, Bobby, since he was roughly 6 inches long. I do not know how old bearded generally are when they are that size, but all I know was that when I got him he was very small in length, but the biggest eater out of all of them. He was by far the healthiest and liveliest beardie when I went to go select one, and he came right up to me and stole my heart.
Now Bobby is 2 and a half years old. I've had him in this enclosure for almost a year and a half. When I first got him, I had him in a 20 gallon long, but moved him into my 40 gallon when he was around 13 inches long.

Info about the tank:
•40 gallon tank
•basking side temp (left) = 105 degrees on top of his wooden stick/ wooden loft, 100 at the base of his wooden stick, and around 95 degrees under his wooden platform directly under the light.
•cool side temp (right) = 80 degrees on top of his wooden platform, 75 degrees on bottom of his tank underneath it.
•night light (not on) keeps it warm in his tank because temperatures drop to around 60-65 degrees at night.
•substrate= repti carpet
•he has his new favorite thing- his cloth. This is like his blanket for him, and he LOVES it. He can not sleep without it now, as seen in one of the pictures above. He will go choose where he wants to sleep, then go back to wherever his cloth is and he will bite it and carry it with him to whereever he wishes to sleep and will snuggle up with it there for the entire night. He is very protective of it too- he stomps his foot and bobs his head when I take it away to clean it and then stops when I give it back. It's pretty funny!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a funny story about his cloth! =) His setup looks pretty good. There are multiple levels, a good size basking spot, and plenty of shade areas. You might want to consider putting the UVB light over on the same side as the basking bulb so he can take advantage of both together while basking (natural sunlight emits them both together) and he can avoid them when he's in the shade areas.

XxBobbyTheBeardiexX

Original Poster
okay, thanks I will! I had one, except it actually just burnt out yesterday and I took off the hood temporarily to make it easier for me to put the bulb in when I get it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom