Melted plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScales

So I has my girl in her lay box, which is her old 20 gallon terrarium, and i put her strong heat lamp on the mesh wiring stuff. I opened it - the terrarium, which has one of those sliding tops - to take my girl out and soak her to get off the sand. Anyway, I came back and the lamp melted the mesh and the plastic rim of the terrarium together. Now the top is stuck halfway open, and i can't move it because of the mesh. Any suggestions???

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like the heat bulb must have been set down on a good sized part of the plastic. That's not good. Seems like you will have to pry it off somehow and get a new lid.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it may need to be replaced. I've found that putting some foil over the plastic cross parts helps protect the plastic from the heat of the bulb. As far as the mesh goes though, I'd get a top that uses a metal mesh rather than a plastic mesh which will just melt again. Otherwise you could cut the mesh from underneath the bulb so it isn't in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom