Help for lighting/heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I have been taking care of my nieces BD, Mystic. He or she is not so happy with the original lights from the starter kit. They don't understand the requirements that Mystic needs, neither do I. I want to make sure that we get the right lights that are not too expensive for his Exo terra tank 36x18x18. I'm the only one who seems to care, I need help.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Hello!

The UVB are going to be $30 at the least. You will need to get the T5 ReptiSun 10.0 tube. You will also need the fixture. You will also need a bright white basking bulb, that can make the basking spot at least 98 degrees. You can use a non coil house bulb if you want.

Can you run through his setup? Lighting, temps ect. How old is he? Where did she get him from?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She got him in January 2015 from Petsmart. They only have a 12" Zoo med hood with a repti sun 5.0 UVB 120V compact bulb. A zoo med mini combo deep dome fixture with a 100 W basking bulb and a red 100W bulb. Mystic has been very lethargic and lazy for quite a few months. He now has a new Exo terra tank 36"x18"x18". His tank seems to be around 80-85 on the warm side, the cool side is where the compact 5.0 UVB fixture is at. They don't have a thermometer on that side. We have the air-condition on in the house, we are in Maryland. Will the mini combo deep dome fixture work with the bulbs we have, or should we get strong bulbs? it says 200W Max in that fixture. Is the red bulb a good choice? That is what came with the 29 gallon enclosure when they bought it. So the fixture for the tube T5 Repti sun should be 24" or 36" inches mounted on the inside of the tank? They don't seem to understand what he needs to be happy and healthy. They were not prepared when they bought him. They just got the enclosure package and put him in there. When Mystic was young he was would run around for the crickets, but now he does not seem energetic. I take him outside sometimes so he can get some fresh air and listen to the birds. The other night I had him in the living room walking around and the next thing he was missing. It took all night to find him, he was under the TV stand in a dark corner. Im going to try a get 2 digital thermometers, maybe from Walmart so I can tell what temperature it really is. As I said I'm the only one that cares. Thanks so much for any & all your help.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
The lethargicness is due to no uvb. You can order UVB and fixtures on amazon for cheap. His warm side need s to be at least 100 for babies. The UVB will need to be mounted inside the cage. Sorry for the horrible typing! I'm waliking to school! :)

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
83443-2272682824.jpg
Thank you so much, I will look for a fixture and try to figure out how to mount it in his new terrarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom