Upgrading York's viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLZooMom

Original Poster
I forgot about the clay balls! I couldn't find any locally for a decent price which is why I went with the rocks.

I'll try the trap for the crickets. I'm already planning on how to do it. :)

Oh! What was really cool today! I was on the phone with my girlfriend and we were talking about the African nightcrawlers because the rain happened while I was on the phone with her. She asked me how they were doing and I said, "Well, I assume they're doing OK. I don't really ever see them. Maybe I should dig up a chunk of soil to see if there are any in there." Next thing you know, I saw a baby crawl up on the glass. How freaking cool is that?!

mudskipper

Juvie Member
I'm in that bioactive group. They also told me I didn't need the fir bark because it would turn to soil anyway.

For drainage, I could make a false bottom, I had to do that in my hermit crab tank. I have a ton of left over weed blocker. Is a drainage level really necessary though considering a bearded dragon tank has almost no possibility of getting flooded unlike tropical and more humid setups?

FLZooMom

Original Poster
Well, the excess water has to have somewhere to go. I mean, I'm of the opinion that it's better to water a little too much than too little.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
I just finish reading the full instruction. Definitely need to make a false bottom. For my hermit crab tank, I added a pvc pipe in one corner so I can siphon out excess water if I need to. I'll do the same for the bearded dragon. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom