question about basking light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaci1971

Hi guys :) some quick questions....should the basking light ever be turned off? And if so, when? Should it be turned on/off with the uv light?

Thank you!
Jaci

KendraA

Hatchling Member
I leave the basking light and UVB light on together for 10-12 hours a day. A light (even a colored "night" bulb) should never be on at night as this will disrupt the beardie's sleep--a ceramic heat emitter should be used instead of a basking bulb at night if your home falls below 68 degrees.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use an outlet timer to control the lights as described in the previous post. It's much easier to automate that part of the process. Basking and UVB can be on the same timer.

Jaci1971

Original Poster
Awesome...thank you! I did get a timer to use for the uvb light and will add the basking light to it.

The enclosure is just about done now....I should be bringing home a B.D this week :D

Thanks again!
Jaci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom