How's the setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
81623-1229932141.jpg

I'm not using a screen to get better use of the uv, I have a mercury vapor bulb, 100w, a reptisun floresent tube, regular light bulb on the cool side, two hides, a waterfall dish(I read that the waterfall sound stimulates drinking instinct), 3 digital thermometers and a temp gun, and I feed him Phoenix worms and I've been trying salads but he doesn't eat any of it, I use tile for the floor but I've been kinda wanting to use sand, and I have some decorations lol anything else? I think I have it down lol

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Nice set up :D . I would take out the water fall as that can cause the humidity to rise and he can get a respiratory infection. As for the sand. I'd keep the tiles. Sand is messy and harbors bacteria. It also causes impaction.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree with removing the waterfall and keeping the tile. The setup looks great. To stimulate drinking try putting him in a warm bath and dripping some water on his nose. If he's getting enough hydration from his food though, he may not drink too often. Some drink a lot on their own and some don't from what I've seen.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I find fountains tend to be hard to keep clean(look at the motor after a couple weeks... Nasty) but instead of blanket advice to remove water how about encouraging the use of digital hygrometers to monitor humidity? Water won't always raise humidity and if the fountain can be kept clean and encourages drinking that's a good thing.

Sand will be very hard to keep clean with as much stuff as you have in there. Tile is a good route :) if you prefer something loose, research bioactive substrates.

Sandraorlando

Original Poster
Yeah I have 2 digital hygrometers and it says it's 35%. And usually I keep the waterfall going for about an hour or so a day. I never thought about the motor getting nasty, so I'll definitely add it to my cleaning list. Thanks everyone for your input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom