Newbie-Background inside or outside glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen7724

I feel like this is a super dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways. I don't have my little guy yet, he'll arrive from the breeder on Tuesday. I'm setting up his enclosure so it's all ready and warm for him when he arrives. I've owned exotic pets but am new to Bearded Dragons. I've done TONS and TONS of research and feel like am ready to give him the best care possible but I'm struggling with whether to put the background inside or outside of the glass.

The background I purchased will cover 3 sides of his 36x18 Exo Terra tank. I know they can be stressed by their reflection so I'm tempted to put it inside the tank to help prevent that but I'm also worried about cleaning it. It's a plastic material with a desert background. Where do most of you put yours?

Btw, here's a pic of my little guy. He's a Hypo Citrus Tiger 100% het trans male out of the Shamy line and a little over 3 weeks old measuring 7" long. I couldn't be more excited and just want everything to be perfect when he gets here.

7032f711c37e483179718e9d9d9d27be

KRayne

Hatchling Member
He is adorable! :)
I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong way to put on the background, but mine is on the outside of the tank and it still helps my Beardie not see her reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom