Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniZilla123

First post on the forum.. I'm wondering if the Exo Terra Solar Glo light is safe for my beardie.. I had just inherited him from family and he didn't come with any lighting. Currently I only have a 75w All Living Things Basking bulb on him. I know that coil UVB bulbs aren't safe, so I threw out the one that came with the basking bulb. Can anyone PLEASE give me some info? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I'll be glad to help you set up proper lighting for your new buddy. What are the dimensions of your tank and how big is he? There are better options available than the Solar Glo in my opinion. A lot of it depends on the size of the tank though.

As far as basking light goes, those are very dependent on temperature readings. Do you have a good thermometer with a probe or a temp gun? If not, I suggest picking up a temp gun (~$20 on amazon) so you can get accurate readings around the tank. You can raise/lower the basking light or change wattages to get the proper gradient set up. The basking area should be around 100-105 with areas around it in the 90s and a gradient down to 75-85 or so on the cool side of the tank during the day. If your All Living Things bulb is the neodymium one, I suggest replacing it because neodymium coatings filter out yellow light which causes the light to look more blueish and "clean" to us but can distort light quite a bit for dragons and cause issues. I would instead go with a plain basking bulb like the ZooMed ReptiBasking spot lamp or a BR40 halogen flood light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom