Mounting Reptisun hood in custom enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDee1990

I'm about to order my enclosures for my dragons and was having some trouble with figuring out the lighting. Right now I'm using a Reptisun 10.0 t5 light and hood and was wondering If anyone can help me figure out how to mount them to the roof of an enclosure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How far up from the basking site is your hood/light? You may be able to just sit the hood right on top of the tank since it's a T5. It has a nice powerful output with optimal exposure at about 12-14''.

DeeDee1990

Original Poster
The hood sitting on top of the tanks now is about 10 inches away from the basking spot. I'm about to order some enclosures from animal plastics and was trying to find a way to mount the hood to the top.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah, so you'll have one of those enclosures with the front sliding door and the solid top? If the top is solid you could probably mount/screw some hooks in it and hang the hood from the hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom