Slate Tile Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have been wanting to change from reptile carpet to slate tile for a little while now and I just would like to know a little more information about it. Also, where do you get it custom fit to your tank? Please tell me a little more about it so I can decide to keep the carpet or get tile.

Thanks,
Annika

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Annika. I use ceremic tiles I bought at Home Depot. One box was 6$. Luckily I have freinds that have a tile saw. I think Lowes will cut the tiles. I know our Home Depot doesn't.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Destiny is correct, Lowes will cut to fit and Home Depot does not. I think some Lowes will even charge you past the first 2 cuts, but they don't all seem to enforce that.

WisePrey

Depending on the size of your cage, you might not even need to get the tile cut at all. My 40 gallon cage is 36x18. I bought 18 6" tiles and they fit in pretty good. I like the smaller tiles because they are easier to remove and clean poop off of.

When putting tile in a viv, does the tile need to be sealed? I do not plan on grouting as I want to be able to take them in and out to clean them. Also, a non-tile related question... If I wanted to make plywood shelves for my viv, does the wood need to be sealed as well? What kind of curing time would I be looking at for sealing? I sealed the corners and edges of my walls last night using silicone I caulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom